How can I fix connections to chromecast in windows 10? I tried to cast my windows 10 screen onto my HDMI TV using the Video App But it is not working. FYI : Chromecast is a casting device / hardware with WIFI support. Why won’t windows 10 recognize it?
- Make sure you have been setup the chromecast with the windows 10 pc
- Are you able to connect other devices through Bluetooth or WIFI? please try to disconnect other device which connected to the windows 10.
- please go to Network and sharing center by type in cortana “manage advanced sharing settings”. please thick on “turn on network discovery”, and then save changes.
- Go to “device manager” by type on cortana “device manager”. Right click on “network adapter” and click update driver.
- Restart your windows 10 pc
- Reset the stream permissions by : Open Windows media player > click on Stream > allow internet access to home media > OK
- Go to “media streaming options” > click down arrow of local network > allow all.
- Now please check your chromecast connect detection, If the issue persists only with Chrome Cast then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the problems.