If IncrediMail running slow or freezing, there are several steps you’ll fancy correct this. You ought to first determine if this happens when Sending or Receiving, Creating a Message, or General Slowness.
Please first install the newest version of IncrediMail (click here) to revive any damaged or corrupted program files which will contribute to the present issue.
If the difficulty continues, please find the foremost appropriate description of your issue, and follow the steps given.
IncrediMail Send/Receive Process is just running too slow
This could be caused by an outsized message stuck within the Outbox or on your Server.
Please check your Outbox (Sending) or Server (Receiving) for giant messages and take away them, then complete the download.
Delay while Creating Messages
Disable the ‘Typing Feature’ using one among the following:
- Within the main IncrediMail window, click the ‘Tools’ menu then ‘Options’. See Under the ‘Effects’ tab, now you can just uncheck’ Play Typing Sound’.
- During a New Message, click the ‘Typing’ icon. The Typing feature will now be disabled
You may want to print these instructions first because it requires restarting your computer. Please try each listed step until the difficulty is solved:
1. Delete Runtime Folder – This folder contains temporary files, and you will delete them to help your IncrediMail run faster (this will be regenerated from time to time):
- To delete your ‘Runtime’ folder, please click here.
- Now Click on ‘Run’ in the File Download dialog, then click ‘Run’ again. When you are prompted to run the software and follow the instructions given in the dialog SupportUtil to completion.
Please Note: If your computer is low on memory, this will affect IncrediMail’s performance. Try closing other running programs to ascertain if this helps
2. Reset Internet Explorer (Instructions for IE9)- Please note that IncrediMail uses Internet Explorer components to figure, so you’ll get to perform these steps in Internet Explorer albeit it’s not your Default Browser!
- First, right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and choose ‘Exit’ (as marked below).
- Open Internet Explorer, click the ‘Tools’ menu (“gear” symbol, marked below in yellow) and choose ‘Internet options’ (marked in blue).
- Select the ‘Security’ (mark with yellow) and click on the ‘Reset all zones to default level’ (mark in blue below). Once you are doing so, confirm ‘Enable Protected Mode’ (marked in green) is unchecked.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab (marked in yellow) and click on ‘Reset …’ (marked in blue). After you’ve done that, click ‘Restore advanced settings’ (put a green sign).
- Click ‘OK’ and shut all the windows.
3. Restart Windows by using ‘MSCONFIG’ (Windows Vista / 7) – Restart Windows only with a minimum of programs. This can determine whether other programs are causing IncrediMail to run slowly:
- Click the ‘Start’ menu and within the ‘Start Search’ dialog, type the word ‘MSConfig’, and continue the ‘Enter’ key.
- Within the ‘System Configuration’ dialog, select the ‘Startup’ tab and click on ‘Disable All’.
- Restart your computer.
- With only the essential programs loaded, please double-click the IncrediMail icon on your Desktop.
Please Note: To retrieve your start-up settings, repeat steps 1-2 and click on ‘Enable All’.
Restart Windows in Safe Mode in (Windows Vista / 7) – After that do restart Windows only with a minimum of programs. This may determine if another program is causing IncrediMail to run slowly:
- Restart your computer.
- Before starting Windows, press the ‘F8’ key on your keyboard
- After that select the ‘Safe Mode (with Networking)’ option from the ‘Mode Select’ menu.
- Check to ascertain if IncrediMail runs correctly.
Please Note: To restart your computer to normal conditions, you can simply reboot the computer.