Mailbird is a modern messaging application which allows using multiple accounts to manage emails, supports the GUI color customization and integration with much popular application such as Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, etc. However, Mailbird does not support the EML importing, so we were forced to create a special tool that pushes the Mailbird to receive the email files like it does when it is receiving the messages from your email provider. This instruction contains a step-by-step description of messages and contacts conversion from IncrediMail to Mailbird
Export emails from IncrediMail to EML files
- Run IncrediMail to Outlook Transfer utility.
- Click the Close button in the appeared message that Microsoft Outlook is not accessible (it appeared).
- Go to menu Mode and enable mode called Export to EML files.
- Select the source folder where IncrediMail Message Store is located.
- Click the Scan Folder button.
- Click the Save EML button.
- Choose a file system folder to save EML files and wait for the end of the export.
Import IncrediMail messages to Mailbird
If you already using Mailbird email client you have existing messages inside the Inbox folder. We recommend you move them all temporarily into another folder to prevent the mixing of imported and existing emails. If you just installed Mailbird, proceed to the next chapter. Alternatively, you may create Filter which will move all received emails into a specific folder.
Create a Temp folder and move Inbox emails to it
- Run Mailbird application open Inbox folder.
- Press Ctrl+A shortcut to select all emails.
- Right-click to the selected emails to open the pop-up menu.
- In the pop-up menu click Move to… then click Add folder option.
- Enter the new folder name Temp (for example) and click OK button.
This will create a Temp folder and all selected emails will be moved inside it. You may move these emails back by going into the Temp folder and using a popup menu item Move to Inbox.
Import EML files into Mailbird
- Download EML bridge application
- Unpack the application and run it.
- Disable a Search in the subfolders option.
- Specify the path to the folder where EML files are located (topmost text field).
- Click the Search button. The program will find all EML files located in the selected folder.
- Click the Start Bridge button.
- now click Inbox and press the F5 button or click the refresh icon to receive emails.
- Mailbird will receive all emails from the EML Bridge and the Bridge will be stopped automatically.w run Mailbird and setup new POP3 email account with the following parameterImport contacts from IncrediMail into Mailbird
Mailbird supports the importing of vCard files, however, IncrediMail stores the address book inside the special database. First, contacts should be extracted and saved to the vCard format, after that they can be imported into Mailbird. Here is how to convert IncrediMail contacts to Mailbird:
Extract IncrediMail address book to vCard files
- Run Address book extractor utility.
- Just after starting the program will try to find all IncrediMail address book and place all found address books to the top list. You may also select an address book file manually by pressing the Choose Manually button.
- Select one of the Address Book files.
- Click Choose Target button and specify the folder to save extracted vCard contacts.
Import vCard contacts into Mailbird
- Run Mailbird and click Contacts icon
- Click the Settings icon to open the pop-up menu.
- Click the Import contacts from vCard menu option.
- Click the Browse button in the appeared Import from vCard window.
- In the Open Dialog navigate to the folder where IncrediMail vCard contacts were saved.
- Click Ctrl+A keys combination to select all vCard files.
- Click the Open button and selected contacts will be imported