AOL Desktop is one of the well-known email service providers operating today. In the world of mail, inter connectivity is the key. Users often have multiple accounts and use different online platform for their personal as well as business correspondence. One of the best features of AOL Desktop old is that it is compatible with most operating systems and web mail services, including Microsoft Outlook. If they need to, users of AOL Desktop Gold can access accounts that use Microsoft Outlook from their mobile or PC. but this step is not always smooth and sometimes users can find it difficult to access their account from Microsoft Outlook. If you find yourself in a similar situation then this article will give you some helpful tips on how to troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold errors. This kind of login error is most probably of a discrepancy in the account setting. Keep reading to know more.
How to Troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold Login Errors in Microsoft Outlook
If you are attempting to log in to your AOL Desktop Gold account using Outlook then you need to make sure your account is properly synced with Microsoft Outlook. The first thing to do is to sure you have a working internet connection so that your AOL and Outlook accounts sync without any problem. After you connect to the internet you will need to connect your AOL Gold Desktop account with Microsoft Outlook. To do this, you have to enter server settings manually to take time and read through the process completely. Just follow the steps below to change account settings.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook on your device and go to “Account Settings”
- after that then select the option to “Add Account”. after that you have to give the option to “Manual or additional server type settings”
- Click on the “IMAP or POP” button.
- Use the data below and fill within the fields within the freshly opened window:
- Account type: IMAP
- Outgoing mail server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smpt.aol.com
- when you are in the login information section you must type your AOL Desktop username and password
- then continue to the section by clicking “more settings” and select “Server out“
- Look at the button that says “use the same settings for the incoming e-mail server”
- Click on the option to add advanced settings and enter the following information:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
Be careful when reviewing your changes, especially the information you entered in “Advanced” in the settings field. When done, click “OK” and close the program. Keep in mind that you need to restart Microsoft Outlook for the changes needed to be saved. the way above is an easy way to troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold errors for Microsoft Outlook. If you find that you are unable to use AOL Desktop Gold even after following the steps given in this article you can contact the AOL customer support number and ask for technical assistance.