Anti malware Service Executable is a process used by Windows Defender to provide Windows protection in real time for every threat that arises. Most Windows 10 users complain that the application spends a lot of storage space on a computer or PC. Some people try to report the problem and try to fix it.
How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High Usage Windows 10
You need to know that Anti malware Service Executable has the function to scan malware and spyware when you want to access it. This application will directly detect some problems that are considered dangerous for the PC. In addition Anti malware Service Executable is also able to scan the background on the system for all viruses or worms. That’s why this application takes a lot of CPU usage on your Windows 10. Then how to solve the problem. Here are the steps that you can try to repair the Anti malware Service Executable High Usage Windows 10.
Change the Windows Defender Schedule
- The first fix that you can try to solve the Anti malware Service Executable problem is to reset the schedule on your Windows Defender. the steps to change it are as follows
- Press the Windows logo and the R letter on your computer keyboard until the Run box appears.
- Then type the word taskschd.msc, then press Enter.
- Double-click the Task Scheduler Library menu and select Microsoft
- Then double-click on Windows Defender on Windows and select Windows Defender Schedule Scan
- Uncheck all available items in the provisions section, then click OK
Adding Anti malware Services on Windows 10
The steps that you can do are:
- Press the Windows button on the keyboard, then open the settings window.
- Then select the update and security menu.
- Select Windows Defender and click on add an exception
- Click on the menu except the process, exe, .com and .scr
- Finally type MsMpeng.exe and click OK.
The two improvements above are the usual methods used by Windows 10 users to solve the Anti malware Service Executable problem. If after trying it, the PC is still running slowly, then you can update all device drives available on the PC. The latest drives will be able to keep your PC stable and fast. That’s a bit of information related to Anti malware Service Executable High Usage Windows 10, hopefully useful!